Meditation in movement

Dancing is a spiritual practise for me, like yoga or meditation.

As I dance, I reconnect with Mother Earth and my inner world of feeling and intuition.

Saturday 22 December 2012

The longest night

Solstice has passed now, the longest night of the year. I like the darkness of these long nights. A solstice ceremony at friends last night has reminded me of the needed rest that happens in the winter. Dark, cold nights draw me into my home, into myself, away from the busy world.

I wish I could go visit old Methusaleh in California. He holds the secret to long life, conserving his energy deep inside. I think I will dance a dance of stillness in his honour when the session resumes next week, and to remember the long night.


Methusaleh is said to be nearly 5,000 years old

2 comments:

  1. I thought you might like to know about The Healing Dance Network


    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healingdance/

    the Healing Dance Network. I have been looking for a web between the various healing dance studies, theories, practitioners and proponents through which to find, share and expand on my own studies. I have been working with dance as a self-healing resource and looking intuitively and through on-line research to open my knowledge and understanding into the possibilities and realities of healing through dance. I am hoping you will let me know about your own search and findings and how we might work together to bring our learning further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation Libramoon, I will be happy to join your network.

      Delete