Meditation in movement

Dancing is a spiritual practise for me, like yoga or meditation.

As I dance, I reconnect with Mother Earth and my inner world of feeling and intuition.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Yoga of dance

I had a beautiful experience last year at a workshop with Amrita Choudhury, a Montreal-based dancer who teaches sacred dance from her Indian tradition. I highly recommend her workshops, listed on her website.
http://www.ananda-amrita.com

I attended a session she offered in the Laurentians and found an incredible connection with my past sacred dance experience in the evangelical church, despite being from a completely different cultural and religious tradition. It was very meaningful to learn chants and dances that give expression to your heart and I am very thankful to the friend who introduced me to Amrita.

Keep dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment