Meditation in movement

Dancing is a spiritual practise for me, like yoga or meditation.

As I dance, I reconnect with Mother Earth and my inner world of feeling and intuition.

Friday 8 July 2011

Wounds

Dancing, meditation in movement, has been very healing for me. It has helped me to identity where wounds lie in my body so I can start to become conscious of them and enter the healing process.

For some time, I have been dealing with a wound from the age of 20. Caught in a political battle between my dance school and the Royal Academy of Dance, I had a ballet examiner tell me "I would never be a teacher". No wound lies deeper than one that is closest to your divine mission, and mine is most definitely teaching. I was trying to become a dance teacher and when she failed me in that exam, a piece of me broke and did not repair for a very long time. I even quit dancing for a number of years.

I lost all consciousness of that wound for a very long time and it went deep into my body. A healer helped me to locate it last year in the right side of my chest, where my "wing" attaches. This represents my yin or feminine side for me. I have been working on reparing this breach so that I do not continue to have to live solely out of my male side.

While dancing, I have been balancing myself, thinking of my right side, flying around the room like a bird. Last night my body said "You can fly straight now" and I know the work is done.

Do you have experiences of healing while dancing?

No comments:

Post a Comment